Sol Food is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Manager for one of our restaurants. Email your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations.
Title: Assistant Store Manager
Supervisor: Store Manager
FLSA: Salary - Exempt
Sol Food is an authentic Puerto Rican eatery located in downtown San Rafael and in Mill Valley. We began in 2003 with six employees and has now grown to four locations with over 200 dedicated employees. We are committed to producing satisfied customers who will happily recommend Sol Food to their family and friends. Our commitment to excellence is based upon providing personal attention to our customers' needs.
The Restaurant Assistant Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining Guest Services. Also, will be responsible for the various tasks involved in the overall operation of the restaurant including measuring business trends, maximizing sales/profitability by developing staff, controlling expenses and shortages, maintain great guest service and high food quality, and oversee the cleanliness of the restaurant. Develop operational standards and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
- Assist Store Manager with counseling, coaching, reviews and discipline of restaurant employees.
- Recognize good performance and teamwork.
- Train all staff in all facets of their duties and continuously develop staff for advancement.
- Develop best practices to improve efficiencies, quality, safety and sanitation of the front and back of the house.
- Maintain the standards of Sol Food and ensure compliance with all company policies, as well as local and federal laws.
- Addresses all issues in a timely manner to ensure the problem(s) doesn't escalate.
- Understand all policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and training processes.
- Schedule employees as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed.
- Coordinates with appropriate employees directly to ensure proper orders are being filled and delivered on time.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Fill in for, and support positions, as needed.
- Finds effective and efficient solutions for mistakes and complaints.
- Communicates with the kitchen supervisor to coordinate catering orders.
- Maintain fast, accurate food service and ensure products are consistent with company quality standards.
- Ensure Shift Leaders and Supervisors have all the tools they need to succeed in their position, including training, skills and equipment.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Point of Sales system. Manage and adjust system to optimize business.
- Regularly review the logbook for operation mistakes, customer complaints and other issues. Review with Store Manager and develop corrective action plans to avoid recurrences.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Plan and assign daily goals, tasks and assignments to all employees.
- Maintain inventory, manage labor, review financial reports, and taking appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Review productivity percentage weekly with Shift Leaders in weekly sessions.
- Ensure accurate completion of time and temperature logs.
- Train all staff in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery.
- Respond to any accident or injury effectively, in accordance with policy and law and report incidents to human resources in a timely manner.
- Respond to any food borne illness incident effectively, in accordance with policy and law. Report incidents in a timely manner to the Store Manager.
- Ensure Health Department, OSHA and ADA regulations are adhered to.
- Promote and teach employee safety, wellness and health.
- Manage regular and preventative maintenance of all equipment.
Must have and be able to do all of the following:
- Have knowledge of food and beverage service involving front-of-the-house operations.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register and POS system.
- Must have the stamina to work over 40 hours per week.
- The ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Fluent English and Spanish is a must.
- Minimum of three years of food service supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to build relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Proven track record in maintaining cost controls and quality standards.
- Experience in hiring, team leadership, training and development, discipline and terminations.
- A sense of urgency and willingness to hustle
- Have and maintain an understanding and passion of the Sol Food culture and processes
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Take direction well; understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Can creatively solve problems and effectively implement solutions.
- Good time management skills; can manage and complete priorities and workflow, and be detail-oriented
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Acceptable appearance and demeanor
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must be able to learn and follow work guidelines based on Health Department, OSHA and ADA regulations.
Pay range is based on experience, demonstrated skills, and proficiency of the duties and responsibilities listed above.
Working Environment/Minimum Physical Requirement:
You must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. This position requires standing up to 8 hours per shift and bending, twisting, leaning, lifting and kneeling on a regular basis during a shift. Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds in order to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and stressful situations and must be able to work in an environment where climate constantly changes.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties if requested by the immediate supervisor or other management staff. This position description is not a written or an implied contract. It will be reviewed periodically and may be revised if deemed necessary. Performance reviews will be conducted annually but do not necessarily constitute a required increase in pay.