East West Bank is seeking Full Time Assistant Retail Branch Manager (ABM). ABM is responsible for supervising all of operations, personnel and is responsible for sales and services functions of a branch under the general guidance of the Branch Manager.ABM will assist and support the Branch Manager in leading a team to meet and exceed goals. He/she may also function as Branch Manager if Manager is absence.
Duties (not limited to)
- Supervise and observe employees in actions; provide both formal and informal coaching, including branch cross-selling activities.
- Perform related operational, sales and administrative functions as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Responsible for the overall directions, coordination, and evaluation of branch activities.
- Adhere to and enforce all branch policies, procedures, and compliance regulations including but not limited to anti-money laundering, US Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, fraud protection, security procedures, and privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Complete all required regulatory and compliance training and apply what is taught in day-to-day activities.
- Determine performance appraisal and ratings, deliver performance reviews to subordinates, and recommend merit increase amounts for all direct reports.
- Maintain workforce stability, through creating a supportive environment for employees and resolving grievances.
- Routinely work with customers and community to build and strengthen rapport and uncover and satisfy the customer’s financial needs.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Perform any and all other additional duties as may be assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent and minimum 2-3 years previous branch management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience 4-6 years of branch management experience in a financial institution.
- Must be able to perform all Customer Service Supervisors (CSS) duties.
- Ability to read and interpret bank documents (i.e. safety rules, operations, maintenance instructions, and procedure manual).
- Ability to communicate efficiently in large group settings.
- Must have demonstrated social skills, excellent communications (verbal, nonverbal and written) skills, be self-sufficient, able to adjust to flexible hours and the ability to sell products and services.
- Bilingual Chinese preferred.
East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
East West Bancorp is the holding company for East West Bank, which operates more than 100 branches in California, mainly in and around Los...