East West Bank is seeking Full Time Assistant Retail Branch Manager (ABM). ABM is responsible for supervising all of operations, personnel and is responsible for sales and services functions of a branch under the general guidance of the Branch Manager.ABM will assist and support the Branch Manager in leading a team to meet and exceed goals. He/she may also function as Branch Manager if Manager is absence.
Duties (not limited to)
- Supervise and observe employees in actions; provide both formal and informal coaching, including branch cross-selling activities.
- Perform related operational, sales and administrative functions as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Responsible for the overall directions, coordination, and evaluation of branch activities.
- Adhere to and enforce all branch policies, procedures, and compliance regulations including but not limited to anti-money laundering, US Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, fraud protection, security procedures, and privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Complete all required regulatory and compliance training and apply what is taught in day-to-day activities.
- Determine performance appraisal and ratings, deliver performance reviews to subordinates, and recommend merit increase amounts for all direct reports.
- Maintain workforce stability, through creating a supportive environment for employees and resolving grievances.
- Routinely work with customers and community to build and strengthen rapport and uncover and satisfy the customer’s financial needs.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Perform any and all other additional duties as may be assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent and minimum 2-3 years previous branch management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience 4-6 years of branch management experience in a financial institution.
- Must be able to perform all Customer Service Supervisors (CSS) duties.
- Ability to read and interpret bank documents (i.e. safety rules, operations, maintenance instructions, and procedure manual).
- Ability to communicate efficiently in large group settings.
- Must have demonstrated social skills, excellent communications (verbal, nonverbal and written) skills, be self-sufficient, able to adjust to flexible hours and the ability to sell products and services.
- Bilingual Chinese preferred.
East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
East West Bank - 17 months ago
East West Bancorp is the holding company for East West Bank, which operates more than 100 branches in California, mainly in and around Los...