Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for an Assistant Scientist to assist with a project at a medical device company in Jacksonville, FL. The Contract Assistant S cientist will support new product development while working in a multi-disciplinary team. The Assistant S cientist will manufacture products in lab scale studies and prepare raw materials for l arger pilot scale builds. The Assistant S cientist will coordinate analytical testing of samples and write technical documents to report results.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate packing solutions on scales of 100mL to 20L.
- Prepare products in lab scale builds
- Compile and analyze data using Microsoft Excel (experience with Minitab is preferred)
- Document results in technical reports and presentations
- Prepare packing solutions for lab scale and pilot line builds. (20%)
- Prepare products in lab scale builds. (20%)
- Coordinate analytical testing of samples, including sample preparation, submission and data compilation. (25%)
- Prepare technical documents to report results. (25%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management. (10%)
Conditions & Physical Demands of Job :
- Bachelor of Science in chemistry, biology or engineering
- At least 2 years of experience working in a lab setting. If a graduate degree is obtained in a science discipline, will consider their years in graduate school to count for the lab experience.
- Most of the lab work will be formulation activities (weighing, mixing) but familiarity with surface characterization techniques (dynamic contact angle, sessile drop, coefficient of friction) would be a good bonus.
- The position will involve a lot of data management and reporting, so good documentation and communication skills will be essential.
- Experience writing technical reports for industry (particularly a FDA regulated industry) would be preferred.
- Must be proficient with Excel and experience with Minitab is preferred.
Stooping, Crouching, Walking, Pulling, Light Lifting (Up to 25 lbs.), Grasping, Hearing, Visual Acuity, Kneeling, Reaching, Pushing, Talking, Standing, Repetitive Motions
If interested in this position please apply or referred to a friend. As the local offices of Kelly Services do not represent the above position, please apply on-line for immediate consideration. For questions regarding this position, please phone: 423-884-2241".
About Kelly Services ®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly ® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually. Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and download The Talent Project , a free iPad ® app by Kelly Services.
Our science specialty places professionals to a broad spectrum of industries, including biotechnology, chemical, clinical research, consumer products, biotechnology, consumer products, environmental, food sciences, pharmaceutical, and petrochemical fields.
Want more information? Visit kellyservices.com/science
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Connect with us on ]]
Kelly Services - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) is a global temporary staffing provider operating in 36 countries and territories throughout the world. The...