The purpose of this position is to assist senior attorneys in advising on legal rights and obligations of the company on a broad array of legal issues. Provides legal services and advice to clients under supervision of senior attorneys.
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Assist senior attorneys in providing legal service to clients on a broad array of complex issues relating to the company’s business with minimal direction. See the attached Addendum for specific examples of responsibilities.
- Proactively review, analyze and remain current on a broad range of federal and state legal matters and disseminates information appropriately.
- May have responsibility for coaching or supervising more junior attorneys, paralegals and support staff on individual projects.
- Develop a thorough understanding of and familiarity with the company’s business, its people, products, markets, facilities, customers and competitors and utilizes that knowledge in providing guidance and counsel to internal clients.
- Establish a rapport and a working relationship with business unit management and personnel at all levels to encourage and continue the proactive use of in-house legal counsel.
- Identify training needs within the organization and assist in the development and presentation of training materials on relevant laws and legal/business issues.
- Perform special assignments or projects, with supervision, as assigned by senior attorneys.
- Provide legal support to business clients in connection with commercial (not R&D) contracting activities.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts including CDAs, consulting agreements, services agreements, software license and hosting agreements, distribution and supply agreements, rebate agreements, and wholesaler services agreements, in support of all commercial functions of Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. and certain of its US affiliates.
- Implement and oversee processes, systems and workflow relating to commercial contracts.
- Create and maintain appropriate template contracts for use by Commercial Law.
- Identify legal and Takeda policy issues and work with Legal Department colleagues, the Office of Ethics and Compliance, business clients and others to address such issues.
- Research legal issues that may arise related to the company’s commercial business and contracts.
- Assist business clients with contract and other commercial disputes that may arise, working with appropriate Legal Department colleagues and outside counsel as needed.
- Retain and manage outside counsel, where appropriate.
- Assist Commercial Law paralegals with contract drafting and negotiation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctor required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in one of the following: law firm or corporate law department; government agency; contract administration; risk management; other relevant experience
- Law firm or corporate in-house legal department experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts is required.
- Experience providing legal advice to clients regarding commercial contracting matters is required.
- Experience with laws, regulations and industry guidance related to health care compliance (e.g., PDMA, anti-kickback statutes, federal acquisition regulations, false-claims statutes, the PhRMA Code, OIG guidance) is preferred.
Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Licensed to practice law - Illinois license preferable (other states considered)
- Must become licensed in Illinois within one year of hire.
- Domestic and international travel required, which totals 5 - 30% of days worked
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals - 11 months ago