Title: Operations Manager
Location: Letterkenny Army Depot (LEAD) in Chambersburg, PA
Type: Full-time Exempt
Technica LLC (Technica) seeks to fill the position of Operations Manager for the Letterkenny Army Depot (LEAD) task to be performed in Chambersburg, PA. The LEAD task is to provide labor support (currently 700+ personnel) to the civilian and military workforce in support service operations for maintenance, repair, and overhaul of armored vehicles and power generators. This effort is to provide industrial, maintenance, logistical, and technical labor support for the sustainment and enhancement of the following functional divisions under the Directorate of Maintenance (DOM): Production Engineering, Major Items, Industrial Business, Electronic Support, Vehicle Fabrication, Mechanical Equipment, and Paint and Mine Resistant Ambush Platform (MRAP). There will be 3 Managers (1st shift, 2nd shift, and 3rd shift).
This position is responsible for assisting in the management and performance of all aspects of the LEAD task. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all cost, quality, and schedule goals across all depot functional areas are met.
- Assist in overseeing management, scheduling (Surge/Emergency Operations and Overtime, rescheduling work, and regular work schedules), and contract requirement aspects of this contract.
- Perform tasks assigned by the Site Manager.
- Assist the Site Manager in planning according to increased output requirements in conjunction with Corporate Management.
- Monitor LEAD production schedules, coordinate management action with Site Manager.
- Conduct personnel interviews and assist in approval of all hiring
- Ensure all assigned personnel are properly licensed to operate equipment that they are required to operate/maintain. Ensure personnel have completed proper qualifications, training, physicals, and security requirements.
- Ensure all personnel and maintenance operations conform to federal/state/installation environmental, health, safety, fire, and security standards.
- Ensure maintenance management system support functions are performed in accordance with established directives.
- Assist with employee discipline counseling and employee performance reviews.
- Perform functions related to program planning, funds control, data collection and analysis, and control techniques.
- Must be able to meet the security requirements of this contract, which may include obtaining a SECRET clearance.
- Must have at least 20 years experience with US Army maintenance, Depot maintenance preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years management experience on a US Government program, Army preferred.
- Must have a good working knowledgeable of Army regulations, systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines
- Analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines
Technica does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability or sexual orientation. We offer health, dental, vision, short-term, long-term and life insurance benefits as well as 401K options to all full-time personnel.
To be considered for employment, complete Technica's online application in full.
Technica specializes in performance-based logistics (PBL). We focus on metrics to drive efficiencies in time and money for the military...