Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Supervisor – Sports and Sports Coordinator, as a member of the Parks and Recreation staff, this position is expected to provide communication, leadership, and assistance for supervisors, participants and employees.
Examples of Duties:
• Informs supervisors and documents on-site program concerns including scheduling conflicts, maintenance needs, and all other pertinent program related issues. • Verify locations that require lights for the evening and ensuring lights are on.
• Monitor unsupervised and unscheduled parks to provide communication and supervision for park users and responsible for helping to resolve facility use conflicts.
• Responsible for monitoring weather and field conditions. In the event cancellations are necessary, are responsible for final cancelation decisions after 5pm.
• Educate facility users on facility policies and regulations.
• Provides Recreation Supervisor and Sports Coordinator with documented feedback from participants regarding programs and facilities.
• High School Diploma or GED • CPR/First Aid certified
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License
• Experience in participating, planning and evaluating recreational sports programs
• Experience working in community recreation or athletic programs
Locations include all Bloomington Parks and Recreation Facilities. Mid April – Mid October, hours may vary, approximate hours 15 - 25 hr/wk
City of Bloomington, MN - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard