POSITION: ASSISTANT SPORTS AND FIELD GROUNDS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Sports Fields and Grounds Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Assistant Sports and Field Ground Manager at Reliant Park in Houston, Texas. Reliant Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. Reliant Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), Reliant Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), Reliant Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and Reliant Arena. We are seeking a unique Assistant Sports and Field Ground Manager person to join our Grounds team. The Assistant Sports and Field Ground Manager under general supervision, assists in maintaining the playing field and grounds at the stadium, team practice fields as well as the grounds surrounding the complex. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion, such as planting, cleaning, and maintaining sanitary conditions. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
• Assists in coordinating and overseeing field maintenance of practice fields and stadium field to include mowing, fertilizing and cultivating the stadium and Houston Texans practice fields.
• Assists in setting up the playing field for all NFL games as well as other special events that come through the stadium, i.e. concerts, exhibits and soccer matches.
• Assists in purchasing and maintaining the field maintenance equipment and supplies, and keeps records of all maintenance and repairs.
• Assists in maintaining the irrigation system (replace sprinkler heads, adjust distribution, and inspect moisture content).
• Assists in the planting and care of shrubs, flowers, trees and grass.
• Uses hand tools and equipment or light powered hand tools.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
• Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
• Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
• Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
o Must be able to lift 100lbs
o Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day
o Must to able to stretch and reach
• Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
• Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
• Work in a fast paced environment.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
• Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and three (3) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. One (1) year of experience operating a forklift. Possess and maintain a valid driver's license, must have and maintain excellent driving record.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
Must obtain Texas Pesticide Applicators license within 120 days of employment.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes MUST INCLUDE salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Human Resources Manager
One Reliant Park
Houston, Texas 77054
No phone calls please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 10 months ago