Assist managing operation in an efficient and professional manner to ensure adherence to Health/OSHA regulations. Help monitor operation expenses while ensuring all employees maintain kitchen cleanliness standards. Interact with other Food and Beverage managers and other Department Heads to help outlet operations proceeds smoothly.
Minimum two years experience in a high volume kitchen operation, preferably in a Hotel/Casino environment. Working knowledge of Culinary and Bartender Union Contracts. Knowledge of kitchens, dish machines and chemical awareness programs. Computer skills helpful. Good people skills and a well-groomed appearance. Must speak, read, write and understand English. Must be able to perform basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division). Minimum age requirement is 21.
· Assist Executive Steward/Sanitation Manager in implementing and monitoring action plans to minimize expenses.
· Assist Executive Steward/Sanitation Manager with monitoring ordering, par levels and costs for outlet.
· Maintain accurate paperwork for inventory levels, scheduling, payroll and employee records.
· Assist Executive Steward/Sanitation Manager with all phases of departmental requirements.
· Maintain par levels of stock and supplies in all outlets.
· Ensure employees adhere to established policies and procedures.
· Responsible for counseling employees if the manager is not present.
· Ensure adherence to the Union Contract.
· Monitor and follow-up on employee training.
· Have working knowledge of I.P. ordering system.
· Maintain all kitchen-cleaning schedules to comply with all OSHA and Health regulations.
· Responsible for walk-through inspections of kitchen areas.
· Assist Stewards, Kitchen Workers and Stove Cleaners as needed.
· Ensure employees have valid work cards while they are working.
· Provide Human Resources with the necessary information to keep personnel files current.
· Assist Executive Steward/Sanitation Manager in scheduling employees.
· Complete work orders to engineering for kitchen maintenance as needed.
· Conduct daily per shifts to inform the employees of business levels and other information.
· Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills when dealing with employees.
· Communicate with Room Chef and Executive Chef regarding any problems regarding the kitchen.
· Communicate with Engineering regarding and maintenance requests.
· Ensure a neat, clean and safe working environment.
· Present needs of the outlet to the Executive Steward/Sanitation Manager.
Complete special projects as requested by Food and Beverage Management.
Winner of the AAA Four-Diamond Award since 1977, the Golden Nugget Las Vegas is the most luxurious resort in downtown Las Vegas, and...