Job Title: Assistant Store Director
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: Store Director
Responsible for assisting the Store Director in managing the total store operation by meeting all operational budgets, instituting all company policies, procedures and programs. Has the direct responsibility for all administrative activities within the store by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Festival Foods Culture within the store.
- Responsible for developing associates.
- Supervise all associates in the store operation.
- Interrelate with all management teams, Buying, Accounting and Personnel offices.
- Oversees the front end duties to ensure proper cash control, customer service and cashier production levels.
- Responsible for budget and labor projections and to make daily adjustments as necessary.
- Adhere to all Sanitation standards and guidelines set by local and company officials.
- Ensure that all loss prevention policies and procedures are in effect at all times.
- Properly manage inventory to achieve acceptable unallocated/shrink figures.
- Supervise the merchandising and maintenance of all displays, including all specialty department floor displays.
- Responsible for maintaining all safety programs to ensure a safe work environment including heading up the safety committee.
- Support and execute a Superior Customer Service program.
- Practice Servant Leadership daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to seven years preferred with two years in a key leadership position.
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good organizational skills, with a full understanding of operation systems and bookkeeping procedures.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, bailer, forklift, cutter, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, hand truck, trash compactor.
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- Working conditions consist primarily of a temperature-controlled environment. The ability to work outside checking store property, in walk-in coolers or freezers for short periods of time is necessary.
- This job involves exposure to changing temperature and humidity (i.e. freezers, coolers and warehouse). Chemical cleaning agents, irritating or competing noises or other irritating substances, and working in areas with wet and slippery floors.
Festival Foods - 12 months ago
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates who serve...