BUY FOR LE$$, Super Mercado and Uptown Grocery Co. currently employs 1,200 people in 14 stores across the OKC Metro. We are proud of the quality of our perishables and the great values we provide throughout the stores. We tailor each store to the community it serves and make a special effort to provide our Guests the best possible service.
Benefits: Competitive pay, vacation, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life, LTD, and AD&D.
Full time, hourly responsibility. Must be available weekdays, weekends, holidays for various shifts, particularly evenings and on occasion work at another store location; usually 40 hours a week over 5 days, but occasionally more (overtime) to support business surges, vacations, etc. Must be available to adjust schedule to meet business demands.
We are seeking motivated and self-driven individuals to fill the Assistant Store Manager position. Individual will be responsible for providing outstanding guest service in a fast paced environment with superior leadership skills. It also requires a great deal of detail work and precision, physical work and energy. Buy For Less is a successful and growing company with many opportunities to advance within the organization. We have a strong well organized structure of management to allow for any level of challenge in your advancement.
- Assists in managing daily operations of a Buy For Less stores.
- Large emphasis on Customer Service with friendly, helpful, and courteous attitude.
- Performs a variety of duties and supervises employees performing duties and ensuring overall safety of entire store, customers and employees.
- Prepares schedules and assigns employees, prepares and directs workers preparing merchandise displays.
- Safety awareness and ability to fill out Incident reports as necessary.
- Ability to count cash and drawers.
- Reports to Store Director and supervises subordinate staff.
- Acts as a director in director's absence.
- Assists the Store Direcctor as necessary to train, schedule, and maintain a qualified stock crew, and ability to perform inventory and inventory control functions.
- Stock merchandise, cleans shelves, and shelf tag molding as needed when stocking, and rotate product.
- Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Tears down empty cartons and disposes of them properly.
- Assures policies, standards, and safety guidelines are followed.
- Maximizes sales through excellent customer service.
- Previous experience required, mathematical skills to include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong PC skills with an emphasis on spreadsheets and various databases.
- Working knowledge of all supermarket areas (produce, meat, deli, bakery, grocery, etc.) strongly desired.
- Operational experience as Assistant Director, manager, comparable industry, or merchandising experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Work a flexible schedule including evening shifts (weekends & holidays).
- Lift and carry moderately heavy loads.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoops, kneel, squat and lift heavy items (min 45lbs).
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to push/pull heavy loads. Buy For Less is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer