Assistant Store Management Trainee (Job Number: 010608) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Our Assistant Store Manager in Training (ASM-T) Program offers a unique development opportunity where you are trained to be a leader in a Walgreens store! Because we want you to succeed in your retail career, we've created a comprehensive, leadership program that will equip you to become a Walgreens Assistant Store Manager, and then a Store Manager, and from there — depending on your career goals — move into higher levels of retail management at Walgreens. Our ASM-T participants may remain in the program for up to 2 years receiving on-going development to prepare for an advancement opportunity. However, this area has been identified to have a greater need for leadership roles, so with successful performance there is a possibility of advancing within 16 weeks. The pay rate for this position ranges between $15.50 - $17.00 per hour. At Walgreens, you will find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Under the direction of the store manager, oversee the operation of a Walgreen store
· Monitor and analyze the customer service provided by team members and offer feedback and coaching
· Greet customers and clinic patients, and offer assistance with products and services
· Model and share customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience
· Resolve customer complaints and help respond to customers’ special needs
· Supervise the operation of store and team members, opening/closing/changing shifts, and task delegation to team members
· Perform and supervise merchandising by planning and ensuring the implementation, sets, resets and revisions
· Supervise the receiving, stocking, pricing, returning, and transferring of merchandise
· Receive exposure to analysis of financial & performance data for the store, pharmacy and clinic
· Ensure training of team members and provide coaching and mentoring
The hourly pay rate for this position ranges between $15.50 to $17.00
· Bachelor’s Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and one year of retail supervisory experience
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule including extended days, evenings, and weekend hours
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Prior retail supervision experience
· PTCB Certification
Walgreens - 12 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...