Baked by Melissa is searching for great Assistant Store Managers to join our Store Leadership team! Looking to grow your professional career? Having opened nine Baked by Melissa stores in NYC since March 2009, and with three more stores in the works (including a NJ location, at Garden State Plaza Mall!), there°s definitely room to grow with us! |
The Assistant Store Manager position is a great opportunity for an entry-level candidate to learn the ins and outs of Baked by Melissa store management and gain hands-on experience in employee relations, leadership, and training and development.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys interacting with lots of different people on a daily basis (a true quotpeople personquot), and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. We°re looking for someone with an always-positive attitude and a desire to learn and grow with our company. A management background is not required to be a successful Assistant Store Manager - all of our store managers are thoroughly trained in the skills and knowledge they°ll need to be successful in their new role!
- Supports the General Manager in managing the daily operation of a Baked by Melissa store, focusing on employee leadership and development, customer service, and product quality
- Trains new hires in Baked by Melissa policies, protocols, and product knowledge; implements seasonal and promotion-specific training programs throughout the year
- Coaches store employees through verbal performance feedback, and monitors employee performance on an ongoing basis
- Identifies and develops high-potential employees, and recommends employees for promotion
- Maintains a highly ethical, team-driven, and customer-focused work environment
- A postive, upbeat attitude is a must!
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A minimum committment of 30 hours per week is required
- Some holiday and weekend availablity is required
" EXPERIENCE High school diploma or equivalent is required Experience in a similar work environment is preferred BENEFITS " COMPENSATION $13.50 regular hourly rate; $20.25 overtime TransitChek Commuter Benefits (pre-tax dollars to pay for your commute) And of course, a discount on our bite-size cupcakes! Please note: interviews for this position will take place at our corporate office, located in Union Square, NYC.
Baked By Melissa - 12 months ago