GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF JOB KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Store Manager/Head Clerk’s responsibility is to assist the Store Manager with the daily operation of the Store. He/she must work closely with the Store Manager, Sales Representative(s) and their District Manager in setting store goals set forth by upper management.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF JOB
TYPES OF PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIRED
- This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Assist in achieving the monthly and yearly store sales budget
- Assist in a plan as directed by the Store Manager and District Manager as to how their store will hit budget.
- Assist in achieving the monthly and yearly store profit budgets.
- Keep store employees involved in budgets - all employees have an impact on store budgets.
- Assist in conducting market studies and strategies as it pertains to the ACT PROGRAM.
- Work closely with Sales Representative(s) assigned to your store.
- Profile key competition in your area.
- Profile customer by type and estimate sales volume.
- Assist in coordinating placement of weekly orders and input into the system on the proper day as specified by distribution.
- Assist in placement and follow up of all purchases from outside vendors.
- Work with the Store Manager and District Manager to maintain the proper inventory levels to meet the inventory turns set by management.
- Assist in the set up and administration of Physical Inventories set forth by corporate.
- Set Equipment maintenance program and assign and maintain on a weekly basis.
- Assist in checking vans at least once a week and look for cleanliness of interior and exterior of vehicles.
- Maintain the monthly vehicle maintenance log.
- Maintain a file for vehicle delivery logs.
- Set and post a weekly work schedule; Schedule should cover all hours store is open.
- Assist in store training.
- Work with Store Manager in scheduling monthly meetings to include product training, policy and procedure review.
- Color matching and tinting techniques should be performed on a daily basis to insure that all employees achieve consistency.
- Assist the Store Manager and District Manager to insure the store is set according to corporate plans.
- Interact with other stores.
- Share products and projects and deliveries when needed or wanted
- Share ideas and successes with all.
- Other duties as assigned
TYPES OF DECISION MAKING REQUIRED
- Employee Relations
- Interview potential new employees.
- Follow the guidelines established byHRDepartment as to proper hiring and termination techniques.
- Develop and maintain a team work ethic and attitude with fellow employees and other stores.
- Ability to administer disciplinary actions when the manager is absent
- Ensure checking in of all orders and making any adjustments on a weekly basis.
EXPERIENCE (number of years, types of roles)
- Maintain and monitor gross margins.
- Work closely with Store Manager and District Manager to insure that gross margins are on target.
- Work closely with outside Sales Representative(s) to keep them informed of all needs and wants of customer s and fellow employees.
- Meet or talk to outside Sales Representative(s) on a daily basis to coordinate special needs of customers.
- Build a strong relationship with Sales Representative(s)
- Ensure that all paperwork flows in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all orders are accurately prepared and filed.
- Responsible for daily closeout, as well as Bank deposits and R.O.A.’s
- Ensure that all Store Adjustments (mis-tint, store use, pour up/downs) are written off daily.
- Leading in coordinating deliveries.
- Make certain that orders are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Directing cleanliness, maintenance and safety of store, equipment and delivery vehicle(s).
- Store should be kept neat and tidy with assigned areas per employee, and duties to be performed on a daily basis.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (computer, sales, logistics, P&L, etc)
- A minimum of 1-3 years of retail paint experience preferred.
- Management experience preferred
- Ability to operate a computer and keyboard.
EDUCATION (degrees and certifications, licenses)
- Management of sales and promotion of Kwal Paint and associated products with the utmost professionalism, ethics and proper confidentiality of sensitive pricing and credit information.
- Make sure all customers are greeted and helped in a friendly professional manner, making it a pleasant experience to shop in our stores.
- Establish proper phone etiquette.
- Establish “In Store Greeting” Techniques.
- Good eye for color perception and ability to tint paint
- Good interpersonal skills as it apply to communication between employees, customers and the public.
- Must be able to work all schedule hours needed
- Professional in appearance as described by the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to manage up to 10 people.
OTHER (Language fluencies, etc)
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Must have a valid Drivers’ License, and a clean driving record.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Spanish language skills a plus, but not required
Must have a minimum 2 years experience in retail sales of a hard-line product, preferably paint; experience in opening/closing and security procedures; some experience in supervising and scheduling staff; strong communication skills; valid driver's license with good driving record; ability to lift 60+ lbs.
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs. frequently during the day.