- Assist in achieving stores overall sales plan.
- Manage the productivity of associates, ensuring all sales goals are meet.
- Achieve personal sales goals and objectives.
- Understand, communicate and execute all promotional sales events.
- Drive sales by focusing on big ticket items, UPT and add ons.
- Demonstrate a mastery of company sales strategies.
- Conduct competitive shopping and use the information to help inform customers.
- Abide by Namcos Customer Service principles as outlined in the Customer Service manual.
- Ensure associates are attentive and meet the needs of our customers.
- Ensure a positive shopping experience for customers, by assisting customers directly with sales and other duties.
- Ensure all associates are friendly, well groomed and in uniform.
- Achieves targeted ratings in customer satisfaction.
- Train, develop and inspire associates on all sales programs and promotions.
- Ensure all associates complete company training programs.
- Observe, assist and develop associates with selling strategies and standards.
- Assist store manager as needed with store scheduling and planning.
- Provide associates with general coaching as needed.
- Participate in the recruitment and staffing of hourly positions.
- Participates in the performance review process for direct reports.
Store Standards and Merchandising:
- Ensure all product displays are neat, clean and in working order.
- Coordinate and execute seasonal transitions.
- Assist in pricing and signing, as needed.
- Ensure all merchandise is price.
- Monitor and execute price changes and markdowns.
- Ensure all ad plans are executed to the current program.
- Analyze business plans, budgets and forecasts and plan accordingly.
- Trains, develops and inspires store merchandising associates on standards, signing and guidelines
- Organize and monitor goods flow pipeline from receiving to sales floor.
- Ensure floors are replenished on a daily basis.
- Ensure efficient warehousing activities, adhering to inventory control procedures.
- Communicate product outages to Store Manager.
- Maintain stockroom standards with a focus on fill efficiency and ease of accessibility.
- Participate in the cycle count process.
- Monitor and supervise all front end activities.
- Ensure policy and procedures are followed to reduce or eliminate all internal and external theft.
- Assist in the MOD program.
- Assist in physical inventory.
- Particpate (as assigned by store manager) in any and all cash office procedures.
- Open and Close the building as per policy and procedure.
- Keep store clean and neat; assist in all aspects including trash removal and maintenance of restrooms.
- Address asset protection issues in a manner where there is neither a loss to the company nor an uncontrollable situation with a customer.
- Must be familiar with Customer Service policies and Store Operating Procedures.
- Position reports to the Store Manager.
Prerequisite Skill / Experience:
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent Sales ability and experience.
- Strategic, analytical and tactical abilities.
- Well developed problem-solving and organizational abilities.
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
- Computer literacy
- Able to commute and/or transfer to other store locations as needed. Must have reliable transportation to cover other locations, transfer and make daily/nightly deposits.
- Ability to lift, push or pull over 45 lbs for a 1-8 hour period.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates, including early morning, night and weekend shifts and hours in excess of 40.
- Other Duties as assigned.
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago