The primary purposes of this position are to assist the Store Manager and/or Co-Manager with the operation of the retail store, to maximize profit and loss (P&L) performance by executing company policies and procedures, and to provide superior customer service. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
The associate may be responsible for all or some of the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Assist the Store Manager with the operation of the retail store including lead associates through the execution of company business plans/objectives to drive sales, be profitable and provide a superior customer and associate experience.
• Enforce all policies and procedures to ensure excellent customer service is provided and to maximize the P&L performance of the store.
• Assist with the general maintenance and appearance of the store by ensuring a safe and pleasing environment for both customers and associates; request store maintenance when required.
• Ensure the store opens and closes at the appropriate time and the proper procedures are followed for cash transactions and bank deposits.
• Interact with vendors to order ad, seasonal, and basic merchandise and ice cream (where applicable) for the store.
• Merchandise the seasonal aisle and non-seasonal, basic, and seasonal end-caps; ensure all merchandise is set up according to plan-o-grams received from the corporate office.
• Execute weekly sales ads and price changes; process recalled, damaged, outdated, and transferred merchandise.
• Receive merchandise deliveries from vendors and Rite Aid distribution centers; verify vendor invoice information is accurate and enter vendor invoices into the accounts payable system.
• Prepare the retail store for physical inventory by ensuring merchandise on the sales floor and in the stock room is in order and easy to access.
• Analyze operating reports and make recommendations for improvement.
• Utilize Staffworks® /Workforce Management software to complete the associate work schedule.
• Remain knowledgeable of the One-Hour Photo department and film processing, if applicable.
• Assist the Pharmacy department when there is a high volume of customers.
• Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and demonstrating RAPTAR (Recognition, Appreciation, Praise, Treat Associates Respectfully) behaviors.
• Manage the adherence to all regulatory and compliance legislation and policies.
• Ensure that all outdated product and product with less than 30 days until expiration is removed from the sales floor to be processed through the established returns process.
This position may involve managing tasks and supervising other store associates in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints.
Experience / Requirements:
The following qualities are required:
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel
welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends and extended days on an occasional basis.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
At least two (2) years of experience in retail, food service, restaurant or customer service industry, preferably at a supervisor level, and/or a two (2) year college degree.