Position: Assistant Store Manager
Status: Full time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Store Manager
The first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1972 selling hard-to-find kitchenware imported from France. Since then the company has expanded to more than 75 stores nationwide, a direct-mail business distributing millions of catalogs each year, an e-commerce site, a gift registry, and a cooking class program.
Sur La Table prides itself in being the premiere retailer for creative cooking and artful entertaining through a legacy in culinary innovation, authenticity and discovery. If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and authentic culinary tools and serving pieces from around the world, we welcome you to join Sur La Table as part of our team.
The Assistant Manager assists the Store Manager in all management duties. Assistant Managers must be able to perceive and meet the needs of the staff and customers without direction. Overall, Assistant Managers spend the majority of time driving sales results.
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
Job Requirements (including, but not limited to):
- Assists Store Manager in driving store results including: sales, payroll, shrink and overall expenses
- Participates in performance management, including review processes and employee development
- Complete directives thoroughly and with a sense of urgency including stock/receiving and visual floor set moves
- Prioritize customer service over tasks as appropriate, course correct as needed
- Anticipate and solve problems, initiate follow up with manager
- Schedule staff to business needs including receiving, floor set moves and special projects
- Ensures store maintenance, recovery and replenishment
- Prepare and facilitate store physical inventory/cycle counts
- Ensure Loss Prevention critical controls are adhered to daily
- Maintains strong understanding and consistently follows company policies, and procedures
- Initiates training and uses available resources to enhance product knowledge
- Must be proficient in all Floor Lead and Sales Associate responsibilities
- Carry out operational functions as assigned by Store Manager
- Excellent organizational and communication abilities
- A desire to continue up the management chain, willingness to take on added responsibilities
- Able to mange complexity while distinguishing and balancing priorities
- Dedicated to customer service excellence
- Must have supervisory skills, able to prioritize floor activities and direct sales associates appropriately and timely
- Fluent with retail POS systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates
- Must be able to climb ladders on a regular basis and be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising selection...