Be a part of a team that creates unforgettable personalized gifts. And have a job experience you ll always remember. At Things Remembered we have opportunities for people who are sales-focused, friendly, passionate, and hardworking.
Things Remembered is the nation s largest and best-known retailer of personalized gifts. From classic gifts and keepsakes to innovative, tech-savvy treasures, we offer a unique collection of gifts for giving and keeping.
Every day, in over 600 stores in 48 states, our teammates help our customers to create meaningful memories. Will you be a memory-maker too?
At Things Remembered, diversity isn t about gender, culture, race, physical appearances or quotas – it s about bringing people together with different viewpoints and unique personalities. We believe diverse backgrounds, experiences and talents help us understand each other and better serve our customer. We are committed to respecting and valuing different perspectives in our organization, now and in the future.
As a member of our management team, you will have the opportunity to impact the success of your store. You will be a key contributor for driving sales, profit, and shrink results. More importantly, you will have the opportunity to manage, mentor and develop your teammates, who are some of the highest caliber retailers around! In return for your dedication and drive, we promise to reward and recognize, be focused and fair, and promise to challenge and grow!
We offer a competitive bonus program, medical, dental and eye care, 401k, paid vacation, employee discounts and much more!
If you re ready to start a memorable career at Things Remembered, then apply today!
Things Remembered Assistant Store Managersare responsible for assisting the Store Manager for all of the assets of the store (cash, inventory, equipment) as well as in charge of a staff (3-15 employees) in the absence of the Store Manager. Our ASM s main responsibility is to ensure that the store meets sales and financial targets while maintaining full compliance with a variety of operational controls.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
• *Assist the SM in achieving sales and other financial targets. Must be able to analyze and understand financial goals/reports and track both individual and store results.
• *Assist the SM with interviewing, hiring, and training employees (staff of 3-15) according to company guidelines
• *Supervision of employees engaged in sales work, production, taking inventory and reconciling cash and sales receipts.
• *Demonstrates success in selling. Uses selling techniques such as add-on sales and describing engraving information to customers to enhance salesmanship and reach store and individual sales goals. This requires constant standing and walking to work with customers and show them merchandise.
• *Is proficient in the basic skills of store operations: engraving; performance of all register transactions; and equipment maintenance. This requires constant standing at the register and equipment as well as occasional squatting and kneeling. Ensure teammates are properly trained in these duties.
• *Participate in store activities of stocking, processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments in a timely manner. This requires constant standing and walking, occasional squatting and kneeling, frequently lifting & carrying up to 10 lbs and occasionally 11-30 lbs as well as frequently climbing a 3 foot ladder working with arms overhead and occasionally using a 3-10 foot ladder to work with arms overhead.
• Plans/prepares work schedules, managing to required payroll hours and work single coverage in the store.
• Responsible for motivating/managing staff to ensure store is in legal compliance, and that employee relations issues are handling appropriately in the absence of the SM.
• *Coordination of sales promotions/merchandise displays. Maintains a clean, visually appealing store to company guidelines. This requires frequent walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, lifting and carrying, and working with arms overhead to prepare displays.
• Creates a store environment that ensures great customer services. Resolves all customer complaints.
• *Responsible for physical security of the store and offsite storage locations including locks, shipments and cash.
• *Responsible for daily balancing of cash, nightly bank deposits and ensuring staff is in compliance.
• *Responsible for twice annual comprehensive physical inventories. Maintains accurate inventory results throughout the year by analyzing weekly shipment reports and merchandise transfers.
• Excellent Organizational and planning skills
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct manner
• Ability to listen, read, and accurately transcribe and verify customer message specifications onto engraved merchandise.
• Relates to all customer segments and creates a good first impression.
• Good negotiating skills.
• Good influence, persuasion, and problem resolution skills.
• Strong eye for Visual Merchandising
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Minimum of 3 years of retail management experience in a mall based environment.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Things Remembered is dedicated to Equal Employment Opportunity, M/F/D/V
Things Remembered - 14 months ago
Things Remembered is trying hard not to be forgotten. The company primarily sells products, such as jewelry, leather goods, glassware, and...