PHD, a division of Omnicom Media Group, has an exciting opportunity for entry level candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in media strategy. PHD is a top 10 media buyer in the US representing nearly $4 billion in media billings, and PHD serves over 60 clients out of five offices with over 400 employees.
The Assistant Strategist is a role that encompasses active learning through participation in order to absorb as much media knowledge as possible. Active learning through participation will include activities such as being inquisitive and asking questions; keeping up on industry news and trends via advertising and media trade journals, on-line sources to better understand the overall landscape in which PHD and the client operate; attending internal and external meetings and presentations including taking part in brainstorming sessions; attending any educational opportunities PHD offers. The Assistant Strategist will contribute to the media plan development in any number of ways including gathering data using agency tools and on-line sources to support the media recommendations, and, assisting in writing competitive reports. The Assistant Strategist will take ownership of setting up meetings; handle and answer questions about billing discrepancies; prepare purchase authorizations, coordinate input from client and PHD internal teams, issue insertion orders; and follow up on requests for information from reps. The expectation is that at all times the Assistant Strategist will be a credit to PHD and the client; produce work that is accurate; be attentive to detail, consistent, thorough; follow process; and not be a source of unwanted surprise.
Tactical Job Functions
To achieve successful performance in this position, the Assistant Strategist is expected to perform the following tactical job functions to the highest level of proficiency:
• Assist the Planner and Supervisor in planning functions such as brainstorming, RFP development, plan and strategy development
• Master PHD proprietary planning tools and how to utilize syndicated research
• Manage broadcast activity—from setting up billing code estimates and buying goals to issuing work orders to the Broadcast Buying Group.
• Help recap broadcast buys to ensure budgets were spent correctly and that proper programming was selected.
• Work directly with media vendors to evaluate and provide a point-of-view on promotional opportunities.
• Assist planning group in compiling competitive data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising or Media
• Previous internship(s) in advertising or media preferred
To apply to this job, please go to: www.phdus.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
PHD Network - 20 months ago