Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach reports to Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (SCC), a successful candidate will perform a variety of functions including, but not limited to:
- Develop and implement strength and conditioning programs for the KSU student-athletes.
- Perform appropriate testing to determine the needs of the specific student-athlete, to assist with program development.
- Maintain the health and safety of the student-athletes as the primary goal. Sport performance is crucial, but the secondary concern.
- Motivate student-athletes to reach their full potential.
- Communicate with coaches to ensure that goals on both sides are being met.
- Maintain student-athlete program records and report program status to the coaches.
- Assist the Head SCC with the scheduling and maintenance of the Athletic Association weight training facilities.
- Assist the Head SCC with the daily administrative requirements of the strength and conditioning program.
- Report any injuries incurred while training to the Head SCC, the appropriate team athletic trainer and their coach.
- Assist the sports medicine staff with functional rehabilitation when appropriate.
- Mentor strength and conditioning student assistants/interns.
- Attend all required Athletic Association staff meetings.
- Develop a personal continuing education plan and maintain certification through the NSCA, the NATA (if applicable) and the State of GA (if applicable).
- Maintain First aid and CPR/AED certifications.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Strength and Conditioning coach and/or the Director of Athletics
- As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See https://web.kennesaw.edu/hr/content/requirements-employment for policy guidelines.
Bachelor's degree. NSCA Certification and related experience.
2 years college strength and conditioning experience post-certification
First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Experience and ability in complying with NCAA rules and regulations
Kennesaw State University - 5 months ago