Roebbelen, a premier construction company located in El Dorado Hills, CA, has a career opportunity for an Assistant Superintendent located in our Telecommunication Division in Lynnwood, WA .
J OB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY Responsible for assisting the Telecom Superintendent in organizing the work for various projects as assigned. Ensure the implementation of the company safety program. Participate in the development and enforcement of the project schedule. Ensure that the work performed meets or exceeds the quality requirements of the client. Direct subcontractor forces as appropriate, given the circumstances of a specific project. Prepare and submit project close out documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Assists the Project Superintendent in performing the following duties for various projects, as assigned, other duties may also be assigned.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES · None
- Assist in controlling field costs to work within the established budgets and in completing the project on time
- Obtains necessary construction permits from various agencies, as assigned
- Assist in the development of the project documents and subcontractor’s scope of work
- Ensure enforcement and maintenance of company safety policies in the performance of the work.
- Record safety documentation (safety meetings, accident reports, etc.)
- Perform pre-punch walk on all projects assigned to ensure the quality of all work put in place
- Prepares project schedules, as assigned
- Orders tools, equipment, and material based on project requirements.
- Work closely with Client Representative, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Subcontractors to successfully execute the project and establish project cost projections
- Work closely with project subcontractors to update as-builts as the project progresses and gather project close out documentation to be handed over to project Architect at final punch walk
- Review/route and document all submittals, request for information, correspondence, change orders, and project meetings, as assigned
- Obtain detailed steps, for the MOP, from subcontractors, prepare the MOP, route for signatures, conduct on site meeting to review, submit in client’s AOTS system, and post on the job site. As assigned.
- Oversee/conduct weekly project meeting as well as all trade pre-construction meetings as required
- Implement company field document control procedures. (i.e. timecards, daily reports, safety reports, purchase orders, coding of invoices, meeting minutes, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to understand plans and specifications
- Knowledge of safe construction methods and procedures
- Knowledge of building codes
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Project, Prolog, Primavera, Timberline)
- Working knowledge of surveying to perform site layout
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic delegation skills and strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of trade rules and jurisdictions
- Working knowledge of equipment use and capabilities
- Basic planning and scheduling skills to anticipate job site problems
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- High school diploma (or equivalent) with 3 to 4 years progressively increasing construction industry experience
- Current OSHA Certification
- Current Red Cross First Aid Certification