This position closes on April 26, 2013.
Supervises the directors of pupil transportation, school nutrition services, and construction and maintenance, including land acquisition, and capital improvement budget preparation. Receives directions from the superintendent. Incumbent communicates with the State Department of Education, Executive Committee, management team, the superintendent, and school principals
- Plans, organizes and administers activities of the school division in areas relating to operations;
- Gives guidance to staff members within the following areas: pupil transportation, school nutrition services, and construction and maintenance, to include land acquisition, and preparation of the annual Capital Improvement Plan;
- Prepares and provides operational data to the School Board, county board of supervisors, county manager, and the Virginia Department of Education;
- Reviews all capital operating budget transfers;
- Provides leadership in development of budget, transportation, school nutrition, and construction and maintenance;
- Represents the school division at Board of Supervisors' meetings as needed;
- Advises department heads on operational matters;
- Prepares reports and recommends policy for superintendent and school board;
- Conducts quarterly assessment reviews and prepares a continuous improvement plan;
- Serves on Executive Safety Committee;
- Assists the county with the implementation of the emergency preparedness plan;
- Provides oversite for vendor contracts;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Master's degree in accounting, finance or business administration, and five years experience in administration highly preferred. Extensive knowledge of federal and state legislation affecting public education to include state finance, procurement, transportation and national laws/regulations pertinent to labor and school lunch programs. Required skills include coordination, policy guideline formulation and communication, and financial analysis; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The vacancy closes on April 26, 2013.
Minimum salary: $126,510.40
Henrico County, Virginia - 18 months ago