ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR, BRIDGES & STRUCTURES
The Assistant Supervisor Bridges and Structures reports directly to the Manager of Bridges and Structures.
He or she is responsible for leading employees and external contractors mandated with construction, modification, and repair of railway structures across the territory of the Manager.
- Manage the construction, modification, and or repair of a railway structures;
- Manage and lead unionized employees and external contractors to ensure performance targets are met;
- Plan and assign work ensuring compliance with engineering plans and specifications;
- Build and sustain a safety culture with employees;
- Inspect bridges and other structures as required;
- Respond in case of emergency report any and all potential dangers that could compromise safety;
- Coordinate plans with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess previous experience in the maintenance and construction of concrete, steel, and wood structures with railway experience as an asset;
- Have experience working with and or around heavy equipment: cranes, loaders, excavators, hydraulic tools, pneumatic tools;
- Possess previous experience leading and managing employees;
- Have a valid drivers' license;
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent (A technical diploma in a related field is considered an asset);
- Possess computer skills (Microsoft office, SAP, MS Project);
The Assistant Supervisor will have no assigned territory or regularly assigned employees.
He or she will be assigned to specific projects and assist the Supervisors with projects as needed across the Manager's territory.
The Assistant Supervisor will perform PMRC audits and be trained to enter vouchers, review payroll, requisition material, receipt material, use e-mail and otherwise communicate effectively.
- Work on-call and be ready to respond to emergencies as required;
- Significant travel required across assigned territory, including overnight;
- Work shifts (including day shift and night shift);
- Work in remote locations;
- Work outside in all weather conditions;
- Work at heights.
Canadian National Railway - 30+ days ago