SUMMARY: Attends to swine and assists in supervising people in the farrowing and breeding departments of a Sow farm under the direction of the Sow Farm Supervisor by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- Provide training to staff employees
- Schedule and communicate the daily schedule and plans to employees in the absence of the manager or when necessary.
- Follow up with staff on daily processes when and where assigned.
- Able to perform personnel administration for paperwork, planning and production analysis.
- Assist in performing and providing input for 45 day evaluations and merit increases .
- In the absence of the manager, record employee hours, time cards, attendance, vacation, holidays and notify supervisor of any concerns.Additionally, ensure that all weekly and daily reports are turned in timely and accurately.
- Adhere to all safety procedures, all health assurance & biosecurity procedures and hold other accountable.Follow the assigned medication and vaccination protocols for the farm.
- Maintain the alarm system and all emergency systems and answering alarm calls in the proper way.
- Care and maintaining the farm assets.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Supervises employees under the direction of the Farm Supervisor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university preferred; or minimum three years swine production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety files, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Bilingual skills preferred.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters utilizing company policies and procedures and directions.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE: Must possess a current valid drivers license and an acceptable MVR.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ……… and occasionally lift and/or move more than ….pounds and sometimes push and/or move up to …..pounds. The employee will stand or walk on concrete for several hours per day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to waste material, feed and hog dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but at times very loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, overtime or changes in schedule will be required as special circumstance arise.
Seaboard Foods - 15 months ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...