Assistant Swim Coach
Part Time – Hourly
Must be available M-F 5-7pm
$11 - $14
Be part of our Cause
The YMCA of Orange County staff are committed to teaching youth positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. In our communities, our staff support and strengthen families by offering quality experiences that are affordable and life-enriching. Our staff encourage participation by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities.
The YMCA of Orange County has an immediate need for a Swim Coach in the Santa Ana Area. The swim coach is responsible for aquatics sports league coaching and related duties.
- Coach sports participants.
- Inform participants of rules and regulations.
- Promote programs to members and participants, distribute and collect program evaluations.
- Set-up and dismantle equipment.
- Document and/or report incidents.
- Assist with fund-raising and special events.
- Follow and enforce safety regulations and other policies and procedures.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Education & Certifications: Must be 18 years of age, or 17 with work permit and parental consent. CPR and First aid certifications required.
Experience & Background: Expertise and knowledge in the sport(s) to be coached, ability to communicate and interact well with others required.
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
Learn more about opportunities at the Y
*Eligibility requirements, employee handbook and job description to be provided at hire. All candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The YMCA of Orange County - 10 months ago