Are you looking for a career in Early Childhood Education?
Interested in a position that will allow you to practice the Montessori philosophy?
Then CA Technologies could be the place for you!!
CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments--from mainframe and physical, to virtual and cloud. CA manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage their evolving IT ecosystems. Founded in 1976, CA Technologies serves customers in virtually every country in the world and reported revenue of $4.4 billion in fiscal year 2011.
We are currently seeking part-time Assistant Teachers to join our Child Care team at our Islandia, NY Montessori Children’s Center.
This position is responsible to assist the Lead Teacher and Teachers and children in a Montessori environment with children ages six weeks through kindergarten. This position is an hourly position and generally works up to a maximum of 25 hours per week covering lunch breaks and floating as necessary to classrooms to maintain ratios. Hours may change depending upon the children's attendance.
12 or more hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education, working towards an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree. CDA Certification will also suffice. Part-Time candidates will be required to work Monday thru Friday from 1pm-6:30pm
- Attain mandated training hours and follow all laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain the room so that it is safe, orderly, clean, appealing, and facilitative of the children's growth, exploration and participation.
- Show respect for the individuality of each child in terms of developmental level, potential, talent and behavior of that child.
- Observe the child and interpret the child's needs.
- Provide an atmosphere of freedom within limits.
- Maintain realistic expectations for each child and allow for human variation.
- Avoid external rewards or motivations in order to foster internal growth.
- Consistent good example of desirable behavior for the children, following the ground rules of the class themselves, and exhibiting a sense of calm, consistency, grace and courtesy, and demonstrating respect for every child.
- Be the peacemaker, consistently working to teach courteous behaviors and conflict resolution.
- Understand and embrace the importance of the parent-teacher customer relationship, and is sensitive and responsive to the parent, customer needs.
- Do not embarrass a child when dealing with parents or other professionals. Do not talk about the child in front of the child or others.
- Do not use professional relationship with a child for personal gain, or enter into a relationship that may compromise professionalism or the client/customer relationship.
- Do not discriminate against (or for) a child based on race, creed, color, religion or ability.
- Maintain confidential matters in a professional way.
- Flexible with hours to be worked.
- Focus on working as a team with the all teachers in the classroom and center. Show respect for and working closely with colleagues to ensure a positive CA experience.
- Plan and implement outdoor, playground and inside activities for large muscle development.
- Assist in planning organized activities, individual, and group for times the lead teacher is out of the room.
- Take initiative and maintain a positive attitude.
- Uphold the NAEYC Ethics.
- Uphold the AMI Ethics.
- Uphold the Core values of CA and NAEYC.
- Follow and demonstrate understanding of the CA Montessori Children's Center and general company's policies and procedures.
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Job demands may require long periods of sitting.
- Job demands may require long periods of standing.
- Job demands may require occasional heavy lifting, 25 to 50 pounds (11.4 kg to 22.8 kg).
- Associate's Degree or currently attending school working to attain a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent or higher or CDA credential.
- Typically requires experience working with young children. Relevant teaching experience.
To be here for the long term we focus on things that last, and we are moved in many different ways. What moves you?
- Patience, Flexibility, Good Communication and Listening Skills.
- Adaptable in stressful situations.
Can you build the career you want? You CAn. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. At a time when customers are demanding more and more from their technology, we're changing the way the world manages IT, to help customers better perform, compete and grow. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our software. It's also why you'll find a wealth of opportunities for important and rewarding work. Come to CA Technologies and build the career you CAn.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com.
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
It is the policy of our company to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran's status, or status within any other protected group. Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information about applicants.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.
CA Technologies - 19 months ago