To assist in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum in the classroom and to provide quality care for the children.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate knowledge of child growth and development through assisting in implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Assist in creating a learning environment based on children’s needs, interests and abilities and one that is reflective of the children’s families and culture.
- Communicate with families to assist in making smooth transitions from home to the classroom.
- Use various techniques to observe children and record observations.
- Develop effective communication strategies with children, families, teachers, and supervisors.
- Demonstrate professional practices in all aspects of work.
- Perform recommended standards to ensure health, safety, and nutrition of children.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Complete professional development plan annually with supervisor.
A. Education: High School or equivalent required and Certification.
B. Experience: 1 year with young children preferred
C. Training time required once hired: 5 days orientation, 3 months introductory period. 15 hours New Staff Orientation Videos.
Doylestown Hospital - 19 months ago
It takes a village to own a hospital, and Doylestown Hospital is owned by the local women's civic organization Village Improvement...