The Assistant Teacher works closely with the group teacher to plan and execute a program to provide day care for children that takes into account the: educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child. By providing a vast array of support to the classroom, the Assistant Teacher plays in integral role in the education of each child.
• Assists with all activities that take part in the center, as well as off-site trips
• Attends and participates in regularly scheduled classroom conferences and parent meetings
• Keeps equipment and material accessible and in good condition in addition to removing all hazardous material.
• Takes responsibility for the classroom in the group teacher ’s absence
• Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education required; Bachelor ’s Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
• At least 3 years of experience working with children
• Bilingual Spanish preferred
• Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office
• First Aid and CPR trainings required and recertified as needed
Competitive with experience
It is the policy of ESS that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual ’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Episcopal Social Services of New York, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard