High school diploma or equivalent is required
The Assistant Teacher position is responsible for assisting the other teaching staff in the care, supervision, health and safety of children in one specific age group or multi-age groupings. Performs duties as planned in co-operation with the Lead Teacher or Teacher in charge, in accordance to the guidelines and standards of AZ Dept of Health Services (ADHS), Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), and the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs (NAEYC). Co-ordinates with the Lead Teacher or Teacher in the care, organization and cleanliness of the indoor/outdoor equipment and materials.
- Participates in co-operation with the other teaching staff in providing input for planning and implementing a curriculum that meets the criteria of National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Coordinates with all staff to meet center goals to keep the environment safe, clean, healthy and organized per Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) guidelines.
- After consultation with the lead teacher and or coordinator parents will be consulted about their children's needs and careful follow through will occur in a timely manner.
- Practices appropriate guidance and discipline techniques as outlined by ADHS and NAEYC.
- Age appropriate guidance is used for each group assigned.
- Communicates clearly and tactfully, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, parents and other customers.
- Seeks assistance from in charge staff such as Lead Teacher or Coordinator to proof read written communication.
*All of the above certifications, licenses, and/or registrations must be renewed by the expiration date, in order to remain in compliance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6-12 months experience with children
- Experience Educational children software
- Current CPR – Adult, Children, and Infant, within 1 week of date of hire into position AND Current Child Care First Aid within 1 week of date of hire into position AND Current Arizona Dept. of Health Services Fingerprint Clearance Card (Will be finger printed first day of work if no current clearance card. Must renew every 3 years and remain in compliance) AND Food Handlers card required within 7 days of employment.
Let’s transform healthcare together.
Every day, we bring patients convenient, coordinated access to healthcare while providing...