The ideal candidate will be able to create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. He or she will also be able to participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of its staff and student body. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will also be able to promote professional learning through self-assessment, reflection on practice and professional conversations.
- Assist the Teacher with the lessons and delivery of the curriculum.
- Prepare assignments and needed materials before the beginning of each activity.
- Assist the Teacher in determining the students’ performance using informal and formal testing and observation, when appropriate.
- Follow direction from Teacher regarding classroom activities and student instruction.
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) which is safe, healthy, neat, attractive, clean, appropriate for students and conducive to learning.
- Develop a classroom routine and orderly transition between activities so students know what is expected
- Aid student in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image; encourage sense of responsibility.
- Assists with the implementation of elementary curriculum content, standards, and teaching methodologies including technology.
- Provide activities that actively engage students in learning tasks which are related to curriculum goals.
- Provide for varied levels of student performance including multi-level teaching and accommodations, when appropriate.
- Promote cooperation, buddy systems and a willingness in students to help each other.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children and families as well as NLCI management and operations.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with technology and commitment to the unique role it plays in the educational arena of the 21 st Century.
- Must be 23 years of age or older.