The Assistant Technical Superintendent will provide leadership and technical management to support the Paper Division Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage material usage for Paper Division, evaluate current conditions, and proactively address any issues
• Engage in Maintenance Optimization efforts by being liaison to Maintenance
• Schedule and supervise Maintenance shutdowns for Paper Operations to minimize unscheduled downtime
• Identify opportunities for, develop business cases, and propose Capital Projects
• Supervise Capital Project Installations
• Assist other Assistant Paper Mill Superintendents to enhance quality and construction of product
• Coordinate and monitor all safety follow-up action items from Safety Incident Investigations
• Apply Continuous Improvement to Paper Division Operations
• Assumes responsibility for Paper Division operations in absence of Paper Division Superintendent or Assistant Paper Mill Superintendents
• Serves on committees and task forces for special projects as assigned
• Promotes strategic programs within the Paper Division to maximize participation in safety and standard work programs
• Experience – 5-8 years experience in the Paper Industry or another continuous manufacturing operation. Supervisory experience at the foreman level also preferred. Familiarity with principles and application of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
• Competencies – Strong leadership skills, strong communication skills, highly motivated, strong technical skills and practical experience, team player, accountable and responsible for decisions and impact.
• Education – B.S. in Engineering. Degree in Industrial, Process, or Chemical Engineering preferred.
Headquartered in York, Pennsylvania, Glatfelter is a global manufacturer of specialty papers and engineered products, offering over a...