Golden Valley Golf and Country Club is acclaimed as one of the most prestigious country clubs in the Twin Cities. Golden Valley Golf and Country Club features a world-class golf course, premier social amenities, and is an award-winning venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions, social events and business meetings.
Team Members are the foundation of our success and contribute to a work environment that is based upon respect, teamwork and appreciation.
Position Title: Assistant Tennis Professional
Status: Seasonal – Full-time -- dependent upon weather, April/May through October with variable hours Sunday through Saturday, including holidays.
The Assistant Tennis Professional assists the Head Tennis Professional in managing the tennis department’s operations, and helps market the camps, grow participation, and run mixers and in-house tennis events.
- Market and grow participation in the Junior, HP, and Adult programs by making phone calls, sending emails, attending USTA events, and by interacting with players and recruiting them.
- Reply to customer emails and phone calls in an expedient manner.
- Assist the Head Professional in maintaining and developing a team attitude.
- Responsible for accuracy for daily sign-up sheets for all junior and adult drills; submit these to Head Tennis Professional at the end of each day.
- Assist the Head Professional in developing lesson plans for all adult and junior drills.
- Assist the Head Professional in all aspects of managing and conducting the Pro-Am events.
- Organize and manage Saturday morning adult mixers.
- Organize and manage in-house tournaments.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Lead drills and camps assigned to.
- Assist the Head Professional in overseeing performance of all tennis instructors.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring the smooth execution of all programs in the event the Head Tennis Professional in off site. This includes the fall program.
- Ensure all GVGCC tennis policies, procedures and rules are adhered to at all times.
Grounds and Maintenance:
- Oversee daily upkeep of courts and related facilities.
- Hold all staff accountable and verify work accomplished.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience and proven track record of advancement and achievement of tennis programs.
- Ability to teach and train tennis skills to all levels and physical abilities, rules and proper use of tennis equipment.
- Certified teaching professional preferred.
- Member of USPTA or USPTR.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Team player, coachable, and willing to work under guidance and direction of Head Tennis Professional.
- Strong verbal, written and listening skills.
- Able to maintain cooperative and effective relationships intra- and inter-departmentally.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrate high moral and ethical standards.
- Ability to work extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, climb, jump, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- There is a potential for exposure to fumes from related equipment, airborne particles such as dust, toxic or caustic substances such as cleaning/maintenance supplies, and outside weather conditions.
The above statements (duties and responsibilities, experience/skills and physical demands) are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list that may be of required of team members so classified.
- Complimentary employee meal
- Golf privileges for employees on a world class golf course
Please e-mail your resume AND desired salary range to the email address connected with this ad for consideration. No calls accepted. Only qualified candidates will be considered. No third party calls.
Applications are only accepted for current open positions.
Golden Valley Golf and Country is an Equal Opportunity Employer.