Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Consults manuals to determine rate classifications, performs rating calculations, and assigns rates to pending applications.
- Reviews correspondence, records, and reports to select routing matters for processing.
- Reviews and issues policies within authority level.
- Routes risk-involved matters that are beyond assigned authority to underwriter for evaluation.
- Compiles and summarizes pertinent data into underwriting workbooks.
- Enters and maintains data in applicable system.
- Issue and send invoices, certificates, endorsements etc within required timeframes and according to established underwriting guidelines.
- Assist Underwriters as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 3 years Insurance experience
- Working knowledge of Insurance terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent logical-thinking and analytic skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in tight timeframes
- Organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in agency management system(s) a plus
- Experience working in a “paperless” environment preferred
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Complete assigned tasks correctly and on time
OnPoint Underwriting - 2 years ago
At OnPoint we strive to create an environment that encourages and rewards high performance. We expect a lot from our team and we reward the...