The AVP, Fund Accounting will be responsible for the administration of Legal Entity Accounting and the Expense Allocation Group, both of which are sub groups of the larger Fund Accounting department.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing the accounting records of legal entities holdings the Funds’ investments, including cash, assets, purchase and sale transactions, and equity transactions within the structure.
- Liaising with third party service providers and joint venture partners regarding the legal entities and investments.
- Reviewing deal structure charts and cash movement files as needed.
- Reviewing sub group’s product to be delivered to the Tax department.
- Assisting with the supervision of the Expense Allocation Group.
- An appreciation for the importance of accurate allocation of expenses between the different Funds.
- Ensuring the appropriate allocation of expenses by portfolio and entity.
- Ensuring the appropriate follow up, approvals and documentation for expenses treated as exceptions to the allocation guidelines.
- Keeping the banking permissions for users and wires/transfers current for new and existing accounts.
- Ad hoc projects that come up to assist the SVP in the management of expense allocation, legal entities, custody of assets and cash and bank account management and anything else.
- The successful candidate will have outstanding initiative, an eagerness to learn and a strong work ethic.
- The candidate must be customer oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- He/She will be self-driven, team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.
- Familiarity with and understanding of a busy tax season.
- Minimum 7 years experience, preferably within the financial industry.
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong knowledge of entity accounting.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP requirements and control policies and procedures.
- An interest in a scope of work beyond accounting.
- Exposure to expense allocation processes and/ or SEC custody rules desirable but not necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as other financial applications.
For everyone who wants to try it before they buy it, Flexpaq Corporation offers a solution. The company manufactures samples for cosmetic,...