Supervises the provision of services of Patient Representatives. Participates in program planning, evaluation of the overall effectiveness of the delivery of Patient Representative Services.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
1. Communication: Strong written and verbal skills are demonstrated in reports, correspondence and presentations. Ensures staff are kept informed of Medical Center and departmental priorities. Communicates vision statement and Organizational goals and demonstrates commitment toward their achievement.
2. Professional Development: Participates in conferences, workshops, and other professional development activities to maintain licensure and/or remain professionally current with advances in field of expertise.
3. Staff Development: Ensures staff receive mandated in-servicing in Safety, Quality Assurance, Risk Management, Customer Service, Infection Control and any other in-service that may apply.
4. Problem Solving: Recommendations and decision making reflect strong analytical skills and focus on quality, cost containment, and impact of change on other departments.
5. Customer Service Management: Incorporates the Medical Center's Customer Service and Organizational Goals in developing and/or revising departmental policies and systems. Continually reviews the service delivery process to exceed customer expectations. Is perceived as a role model by staff, peers in customer service leadership.
6. Project Management: Participates in multidisciplinary task forces, committees and projects, demonstrating team spirit and ability to work with different internal customers. When leading a project team demonstrates the ability to bring together different views and skills toward timely and effective completion of project objectives.
7. Clinical Leadership Provides clinical supervision to clinical management staff. Leads clinical (treatment) planning meetings. Provides in-service training and maintenance of clinical standards. May provide leadership for hospital-wide clinically oriented committees.
1.* Participates with the Senior Vice President in developing departmental policies, procedures, protocols and programs.
2.* Selects, hires and supervises staff in area of responsibility; initiates disciplinary action, including terminations; carries out annual performance appraisal of employees recommending promotions, raises, etc.
3..* Ensures adequate staff coverage by coordinating the vacation and holiday schedules; approves overtime as necessary and arranges coverage for absent staff; maintains employee attendance records (including vacation time, sick days) and processes time cards for staff.
4.* Develops and implements in-services and training programs for departmental staff and for other departments; conducts in-services, training sessions and one-on-one conferences with staff as required.
5* Responds to problems that arise on a daily basis; resolves where possible, referring problem or response to Vice President as required; reviews and investigates all complaints received by the department with department members to ensure speedy resolution and reply.
6.* Acts liaison with community and other organizations regarding services provided by department; responds to community concerns or refers to Vice President as appropriate.
7* Maintains administrative records for the departments, reviews clerical documentation and required Patient Relations documentation for completeness, resolving problems where possible.
8.* Schedules follow-up meetings with departments as required to develop solutions to recurring problems.
9.* Assessment, treatment and patient care responsibilities are delivered with a knowledge of patient growth and development and are appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
10.* Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
11* Adheres to the Medical Center's policy on Conflict of Interest, which includes completion of a Conflict of Interest Certificate on an annual basis.
- Indicates an essential job function.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
Acts as liaison between Patient Relations and Public Relations; assists in promotional and marketing aspects of department and committees.
Provides on-call coverage as required and according to established rotation.
Performs other related duties and special projects as required.
Minimum of 5 years of customer-oriented experience in hospital field, or suitable combination of education and experience.
Maimonides Medical Center - 16 months ago