Job Title: Assistant Vice President - GEB Strategy Implementation Job ID: 69834 Location: New York Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Location New York, NY (1095 Avenue of the Americas) Job Description Job Summary: MetLife has created the Global Employee Benefits business unit as the first horizontal P&L to incrementally grow employee benefits. The Planning & Business Development unit within GEB is comprised of the following functional teams: Strategy and Research, M&A support, Strategic Implementation and Planning. This position will be part of the P&BD team, but will work closely with other teams within GEB, Regional Strategy & Planning teams and Enterprise Strategy, to collaborate with MetLife Regions and countries to expand employee benefits business.
The AVP of GEB Strategy Implementation will work with the group leadership and senior leaders at MetLife to execute and manage key strategic projects at the portfolio level. As a valued contributor, this individual will spend a significant portion of time analyzing business cases, developing implementation plans and tracking/reporting against key milestones. Will be responsible for drafting clear and concise communication materials meant for the senior leadership of the enterprise. Will lead and participate in numerous team development activities (e.g., peer to peer coaching, mentoring, etc.) to improve capabilities and encourage collaboration across the globe. Will gain invaluable experience working across functions and businesses while engaging with executive and senior level MetLife leaders across the globe.
- Responsible for scoping, defining and coordinating initiatives with250M in earnings impact
- Manage 2+ junior resources over time (including the GOSC)
- Coordinating multiple teams of 10+ senior staff
- Help EVP of GEB and Regional Presidents implement strategic employee benefits initiatives globally
- Translate $250M 5 year enterprise aspiration into a set of specific 2013 and 2014 strategic initiatives, with business and implementation plans
- Ensure results delivery through the identification, prioritization, and implementation of projects that meet strategic, enterprise, market, and customer demands; serve as a SWOT resource for issues resolution and/or execution
- Identify and resolve project interdependencies, overlaps and integration concerns across the GEB portfolio.
- Responsible for the operations of GEB strategic Project Management
- Effectively manage financial plans associated with strategic initiatives
- Work with senior leadership globally to develop metrics and reports that support business objectives and results.
- Create communications related to strategic plans and developing initiatives to disseminate information to all business partners.
- Assist with the development of highly illustrative/detailed documents/presentations.
- Influence and negotiate without formal direct authority, consultative in approach.
- Experience in executing strategy initiatives, creating business cases, initiative planning and project management.
- Ability to support business initiative while working with senior executives and other stakeholders to deliver results Job Requirements Typical Experience:
- 5+ years of strategy/project management experience with either a top tier consulting firm or a complex global organization
- Demonstrate distinctive problem solving, analytical and organization skills (micro- and macroeconomics, finance and advanced modeling skills)
- Experience in driving to results and resolving implementation issues; high degree of comfort with ambiguity
- Show business maturity, have strong presence and possess advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Some prior experience in projects that require detailed execution
- Exhibit strong collaboration skills and ability to engage across multiple functions and business units
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior insurance or retail financial services experience is a plus but not mandatory
- MBA from a top ranked institution preferred; prior program/project management experience or certifications a plus but not required
- Ability to manage consensus at various levels and cultivate strategic internal relationships across a highly matrix-ed organization.
- Strategic thinker with strong execution capabilities; exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to influence and negotiate without formal direct authority, consultative in approach; diplomatic.
- Strong team builder, inclusive by nature.
- Foreign language skills a positive
- Cultural awareness
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Flexibility to accommodate working across global time zones. Job Category Strategic Planning Equal Employment Opportunity MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. How To Apply For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 18 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...