Assists in selecting, recruiting, and monitoring student-athletes and managers for their respective sport. Promotes a commitment to academics, sportsmanship and individual character growth while directing their team. Follows the rules and guidelines in accordance with the NJCAA and MCCAA .
1. Evaluate pre-season equipment and uniform needs.
2. Recruitment of prospective student-athletes with an emphasis on in-district or service-area candidates.
3. Provide open tryouts to all interested and academically eligible full-time students.
4. Award athletic scholarships according to NJCAA and MCCAA guidelines without exceeding the scholarship budget of their sport.
5. Assist Director with non-conference scheduling.
6. Coordination of all practices, games and trips.
7. Report all scores and related information to local media and submit statistics to the NJCAA .
8. Conform to the administrative policies of the college and athletic department, including but not limited to travel regulations, grants and budgetary procedures.
9. Maintain a good motor vehicle record to transport the team using college vehicles.
10. Foster a positive image for the college and the athletic department.
11. Performs other duties as assigned
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Intercollegiate Athletics and Student Discipline.
College or varsity high school head coaching experience preferred. College playing experience also preferred. Class C commercial driver’s license with a passenger endorsement required. Strong personal skills and ethical standards are needed and it involves a great deal of responsibility.
Varies By Coaching Experience
Special Instructions to Applicants: