We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, versatile Assistant Web Producer to join the Web Technologies team in our rapidly growing San Francisco office. Local candidates only please.
This is an entry level position; the Assistant Web Producer will join a diverse team of web producers and developers, and will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of managing the PLOS websites, from XML article production, to CMS administration, to coding tools and site enhancements. The ideal applicant must be extremely detail-oriented, highly organized and be able to work cooperatively in a team-oriented environment. Previous experience working in a fast paced environment is a must.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Troubleshoot and correct XML article deliverables; send revisions to external indexers like PubMed Central as needed.
- Maintain close communications with the Web and Production teams regarding scheduling, specific issues with articles, and general issues affecting article production.
- Publish articles, update homepages and other content, and manage e-mail content alerts.
- Manage comments and notes on the PLOS journal sites, including creation of minor and formal corrections.
- Assist with the administration of PLOS’s WordPress websites, including PLOS Blogs, PLOS Currents, and PLOS.org; Support internal staff in updating content
- Provide input, feedback, and assistance to in-house web developers as needed.
- Participate in testing of new features and code.
- Verify and document bugs encountered in the course of day-to-day work.
- Research and help to implement new functionality for PLOS websites and internal tools.
Apply now | Return to top
- College graduate preferred
- Proficient in HTML,CSS, XML
- Comfortable with Linux command-line tools, including SSH
- Experience with WordPress or other Content Management Systems a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Basic knowledge of graphics software programs would also be helpful.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, thrives in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard