Lesley University is looking for an Assistant Women’s Cross Country coach. Candidates must possess a clear knowledge of running training theory, must plan practice sessions and have the necessary skills to train the team. Will aid in recruitment and off season work-out program. Running experience at the collegiate level preferred. The Assistant Women’s Cross Country Coach will report directly to the Head Cross Country coach. This person will also be responsible for carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NCAA Division III and the New England Collegiate Conference.
Duties and responsibilities:
The position is part-time and year round - looking to hire immediately.
- Develop structured practices to meet certain goals.
- Teach fundamentals of running training theory
- Counsel student-athletes in good sportsmanship, sport participation, personal development, and academic success.
- Travel and recruit locally or out of state.
- Assist in any other duties as instructed by Head Coach.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous successful coaching and/or running experience at the collegiate level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- A valid U.S. driver's license is required.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Please include a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Lesley University - 10 months ago