Job Purpose: Assists the Head coach in development and administration of the University†s Women†s Tennis Program.Essential Functions: Assists in providing coaching and administrative duties to support the NCAA Division I Women†s Tennis program including: |
• assists in coordinating day to day practice on the court and practice preparation
• assists in organizing and coordinating all travel plans, vans, accommodations, etc,
• assists in coordinating all scouting and recruiting of student athletes for Women†s Tennis program
• operates the Women†s Tennis program in compliance with NCAA rules and operating procedures
• assists in completing and maintaining all forms and records as required for NCAA.
• assists in supervising student employees
• assists in maintaining and ordering equipment and suppliesAssists in maintaining and monitoring information required for NCAA eligibility of each student athlete and informs the athletes on NCAA rules and regulations.Assists in monitoring the academic performance of student athletes to assure graduation of the student athletes.Assists in maintaining a close working relationship with the SID regarding media relations, public relations, promotion, and awards to promote intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the University.Assist in maintaining a close working relationship with the trainer in regards to athletic injury, treatment, rehabilitation, and prevention.Contributes through departmental policies, procedures, and actions to University-wide gender equity and cultural diversity efforts and to foster a climate of multi-cultural understanding and appreciation.Performs other duties as assigned in support of the Gonzaga mission.Employees of Gonzaga University†s Athletic Department must comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, and acknowledge this compliance as part of an evaluation process.FOR A FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY: please visit our website at https://gonzaga.peopleadmin.com to apply on-line. Position is open until filled with the review of applications beginning 4/22/2013. Questions? Call 509-313-5996. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply.
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 8 months ago