Duties & Responsibilities:
(Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
1. Promote the entire athletic program and adhere to the philosophies and policies of Davenport Central High School.
Will help select, train and supervise the wrestling squad per your assigned level as determined by head varsity coach.
Must work to form a positive professional relationship with players, coaches, parents and fans.
Must possess an enthusiastic attitude and ability to understand high school age boys in an athletic setting.
Must be willing to supervise and train athletes in the weight room using the BFS program ALL year round.
Must be willing to participate in camps and clinics.
Must be willing to participate in promoting Central/Blue Devil feeder programs
- intermediate schools and Little Blue Devils.
Develop players to their fullest potential, starting with teaching basic fundamentals of wrestling.
Responsibilities include supervising players at all practices and contests as well as in the locker room and on the bus
10. Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests and grievances through proper channels.
Is aware of all public / staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
11. Work in cooperation with the Director of Athletics for the Davenport Community School District and in cooperation with the Athletic Director at Central High School.
12. Must work within guidelines established by the MAC Conference and the Iowa High School Athletic Association.
13. Will be an active member in the Iowa High School Wrestling Coaches Association.
14. Willing to work in the summer, on weekends, and at other allowable times in order to maintain a top-notch program.
15. Willingness to perform additional duties as requested by head coach and Central Administration
16. Able to lift 50 lbs., and be on feet for extended periods of time
Physical Requirements of Position:
Special Qualification Desired:
(Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
Must possess a valid Iowa coaching authorization
Preferably high school and or college wrestling experience
Successful high school wrestling coaching experience is preferred
Preferably teach or work at Central HS
Must go to the Davenport Community Schools webpage and complete an online application (www.davenportschools.org)
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable
Davenport Community Schools - 16 months ago