The Assistant Yard Supervisor interfaces with all TLX associates and management personnel, customer representatives, trucking company representatives, and TLX office staff. The overall objective of this position is to maintain a safe, efficient, and even flow of traffic in the yard.
• Ensure proper maintenance of all fleet vehicles is performed in in a timely and effective manner.
• Drive the New Vehicle Transporters and Transfer Crew to and from bay locations, inbound receiving and load staging areas
• Accurately complete all receiving, storage, and releasing paperwork
• Ensure that customer vehicles are pulled in an efficient and accurate order according to customer requests and TLX needs
• Assign work to New Vehicle Transporters, Transfer Crew and temporary workers
• Assist New Vehicle Transporters, Transfer Crew in training new temporary workers
• Observe New Vehicle Transporters, Transfer Crew, and temporary workers as they perform daily tasks and instruct them on appropriate work behavior and/or performance issues as needed
• Complete the daily movement worksheet and return it to the Yard Supervisor at the end of each shift
• Utilize radio to communicate with management personnel in a professional manner
• Insure that all customer vehicles are gassed and contain proper documents
• Keeps Yard Supervisor informed of any significant departmental issues
• React to change productively
• Any duties as assigned
This position ensures that fleet vehicles are properly maintained for the purpose of transportation of yard associates to and from necessary yard locations. This position may also actively take part in the transportation of associates so that they may efficiently store and park vehicles in accordance with quality standards established by the American Association of Rail Roads, the manufacturer, and customers’ standards.
Additional Responsibilities, but not limited to
• Various duties as assigned or required to help the facility function as a team environment
• Understand and follow TLX policies, including but not limited to company safety policies
• Notify Supervisor of any workplace hazards or unsafe conditions
• Read and understand VIN numbers
• Work with limited supervision
• Other duties assigned by Yard Supervisor, Operations Manager, and/or other management personnel
• Attend meetings as required
• Communicate problems to Yard Supervisor