This position is for promoting the Chinese culture at CIT. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and team player. This position requires occasional evening or weekend hours for the event coordination willingness to travel locations off-campus for the culture events. She/He will be responsible to and work collaboratively with the visiting scholars from China and K-12 and community outreach programs.
This position will be used for Optional Practical Training students.
1. Must be a current Troy University student
2. Strong ability to promote the Chinese culture
3. Evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
4. Evidence of experience working with diverse backgrounds and cultures.
5. Fluency in English.
6. Proficiency in Chinese.
7. Familiar to the STARTALK program.
1. Demonstrated the Chinese martial arts such as Kung Fu and Taiji etc
2. Demonstrated experience working successfully in an independent manner.
3. She/He has strong passion for promoting Chinese program.
4. Proficiency in English and Chinese languages
5. Significant classroom experience as a Chinese teacher, an ability to motivate and support students, and a willingness to work collaboratively with others are required.
To be determined and not to exceed a maximum of 20 hours per week, with flexible schedule to meet needs of the institute. May occasionally include functions outside normal office hours and weekends hours
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position
Does this position have supervisory responsibility?
Open Until Filled
Required Applicant Documents:
Optional Applicant Documents:
List of References
Special Instructions to Applicants
Troy University - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard