Onondaga Community College seeks a professional for the position of Assistant to the Vice President/ CIO in the Department of Information Technology. The Assistant to the Vice President/ CIO assists the Vice President in the implementation and management of complex projects in support of departmental and college strategic plans.
The Assistant to the Vice President is responsible for assisting with the planning and implementation of major IT projects and works closely with the Vice President to analyze project objectives, organize
project teams, develop timeframes, advise on project budget issues, create project plans and help lead projects to successful completion. Assists the Vice President with department matters of a confidential
nature and may take on a supervisory role within the department as needed. Through the use of independent judgment, the Assistant to the VP analyzes current procedures and policies and is responsible for recommending and developing more efficient systems and process improvements for achieving goals.
1. Works with department heads and project teams to identify, plan and develop methods and
procedures to obtain greater efficiency.
2. Assists with department-wide planning including major IT projects. Assists with the
implementation of projects through the development of standard project plans, meetings with project team members, identification of resources from IT and user areas, development of standard documentation, communication with team members and the Vice President and coordination of project objectives with other impacted departments.
3. Works in a confidential manner at the direction of the Vice President and meets regularly with IT department heads to review updates, issues and discuss any potential problem areas.
4. May act in supervisory role within the department as needed.
5. Acts as liaison between the Vice President’s office and campus offices; communicates the Vice President’s goals and initiatives and works with other departments to develop solutions.
6. Completes special assignments as requested by the Vice President.
Baccalaureate degree and proven expertise in project management principles and process re-engineering; exceptional oral and written communication skills; the ability to independently coordinate efforts involving several departments; significant experience managing projects, including large projects of up to two years duration. Requires strong Microsoft Office skills such as Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Technical skills and experience in network infrastructure, enterprise applications and database systems. Work well under pressure while handling unexpected technology issues. Candidates must demonstrate and value team and customer service philosophy, strong leadership and collaboration skills and supervisory capability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Special Instructions to Applicants
Onondaga Community College - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard