Provides outreach assistance and organizational support to the Vice President for Communications and assists the Office of Communications with events and other projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts required. Minimum two years work experience required, preferably as an assistant and/or in a communications office.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Extensive knowledge of presentation tools, specifically Power Point and/or Keynote preferred. Knowledge of digital productivity tools such as Basecamp, Asana, Do, and/or Things preferred. Enthusiasm for and familiarity with social media a plus. Must be detail oriented, take initiative, and be dependable. Must be able to juggle multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously, and work under short deadlines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
60% Administrative support to the Vice President
30% Communications and Outreach – Assists the Vice President with
- Handles VP’s daily scheduling.
- Ensures VP sees and reads all necessary materials to prepare for meetings.
- Prepares presentations and special documents.
- Coordinates project and task management using digital productivity tools.
- Oversees digital document management.
- Serves as backup to Manager of Budget and Administration on general administrative issues.
- Note taking at any large meetings chaired by the VP.
- Responsible for event logistics for internal meetings.
10% Other duties as assigned
- Monitoring implementation of a communications strategy for Brookings.
- Defining and preparing the agenda and materials for staff meetings and communications/outreach meetings.
- Implementing plans for special initiatives.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment in this position. No phone calls please. Brookings welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants, particularly women and minorities.
- Maintenance of event calendar
- Coordinating public event logistics
- Providing backup support for other staff members in the office
The Brookings Institution may know an egghead or two (or 300). The non-partisan public policy organization is comprised of more than 300...