JOB TITLE : ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING SERVICES
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
RESPONSIBILITIES : Under the direction of the Director of Nursing assists in supervising of nursing services and sets the standards of care to assure a professional, skilled program of care and treatment so that each resident will receive benefit that accounts for their medical, physical, emotional and psychological needs. Fulfills policies and objectives insuring quality nursing care as set forth by the Administrator and standards of the facility. Supports and practices the philosophy, objectives and standards of Senior Care Centers and the Nursing Department, and directs the revision of these as necessary to ensure quality of care to all residents.
· Vocational or Registered Nurse that is licensed and in good standing with the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners in the state of Texas
- CPR Certified.
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to speak clearly and hear well enough to communicate with residents and other team members.
- Ability to complete assignments while having constant interruptions.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Complete the Daily List on a daily basis.
2. Review all new admissions for accuracy and completeness
3. Make rounds on the residents for which you are responsible daily
4. Coach/mentor the licensed nurses under your charge
5. Answer call lights in a timely manner. Be alert to resident’s comforts and needs. Answer their requests promptly.
6. Lift, move and transfer residents as required. This involves the ability to safely transfer residents who cannot bear their own weight. It also involves the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting in excess of 150 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations. Manual dexterity required performing tasks in assisting residents with their personal needs.
Safely utilize equipment. Report any equipment needing service or repair immediately.
8. Participate in emergency fire or disaster drills and other in-service training as scheduled. Must be able to safely ascend and descend stairwells and assist in an evacuation
Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance in accordance with facility absence policies. Perform special duties as assigned.
Use appropriate work place behavior and adhere to dress code at all times.
Complete assigned training on time and/or attend training classes when scheduled.
Participate in emergency fire or disaster drills and other in-service training as scheduled. Must be able to safely ascend and descend stairwells and assist in an evacuation.
Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests.
OTHER DUTIES :
1. Assist in ensuring nursing personnel staffing schedules are prepared and posted to insure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
2. Assure attending physicians are given support by nursing personnel.
3. Other duties as assigned.
WORK SCHEDULE: As assigned which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and be in call rotation as assigned. Non-Exempt Position.
Physical Requirements: Able to lift 150 pounds, if necessary, to assist fallen resident. Able to lift 20 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.