About Our Team
AOL Advertising is revolutionizing the way online advertising works. We operate on the cutting edge of media, giving clients a diversity of means to reach global audiences that consume AOL content on a daily basis. AOL is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to work with brands to move their stories forward given our focus on original content, sophisticated distribution models and social marketing approaches. Simply put, we tell the story, take it places and get people talking.
Purpose of role:
AOL Advertising is seeking an Associate/ Business Analyst to join our Advertising Operations team.
The primary purpose of this position is accountability for managing the day to day relationships with clients/customers in an assigned region/category. The incumbent is responsible for the pre-sale and post-sale process, which includes teaming with regional/category sales professionals on all assigned accounts to drive additional revenue and overachieve on the team’s goals. The incumbent will ensure client satisfaction and AOL Advertising’s business health through custom campaign strategies; analyze deal or campaign performance; develop innovative alternatives to existing deals or campaigns; and communicate with partners and appropriate internal departments on these initiatives.
Key Role Accountabilities
Knowledge, Experience, Skills Requirements:
- Manages the day-to-day business relationships with internal clients (Sales, Account Management, etc.) and identifies growth and upsell opportunities on key accounts
- Serves as primary point of contact to internal clients on issues regarding performance, reports, and general maintenance
- Provides technical guidance on campaign specifications and provides troubleshooting/conflict resolution
- Effectively optimizes campaign performance by recommending adjustments to inventory and creative components of the campaign
- Responsible for day-to-day communication with internal customers to monitor campaign delivery and contract compliance, ensuring full revenue recognition and client objectives success
- Track and analyze usage trends and prepares relevant sales and internal reports
- Deliver on all role specific accountability metrics and goals
- Utilize third-party research tools to support plan recommendations and provide competitive network analysis
· Manage execution of client solutions through effective communication, problem solving and accuracy
· Proactively anticipate customer’s business needs
· Willing and able to collaborate across boundaries to get work done and drive business forward.
· Strong customer focus – promoting customer satisfaction, resolution and loyalty
· Bachelor’s degree in analytical discipline (Economics, Engineering, MIS, Finance, etc.)
· Minimum 1-3 years of business analyst or other analytical experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills; excellent analytical skills; results and detail oriented; accountable; strong work ethic; strong team player; solid negotiation skills; proactive self starter; creative/strategic thinker who is process oriented and has the ability to multi-task; outstanding computer skills including solid knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, and CRM systems. Some technical knowledge preferred.
· Must have strong understanding of digital marketplace and understanding of the competitive landscape in which we operate
· Able to work effectively and excel in a matrix organization and possess the ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...