We are seeking an Associate Director, Program/Project Management who is highly motivated to join our efforts in processing maternal blood and performing genetic analysis. The role will support the activities of Illumina’s Redwood City site, where we develop and produce non-invasive tests for early determination of fetal chromosomal abnormalities. Illumina believes that all women who desire such a risk assessment should be offered a single blood draw test with a definitive result.
• Define and build the strategy for project/program management across the RGH (Reproductive & Genetic Health) business unit.
• Represent RGH in interactions with other Illumina BU's with regards to project and program management strategy and activities.
• Evaluate the fundamental issues within the PM function, assess needs, and provide solutions.
• Develop BU policies and practices regarding the implementation of PM acticvities.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential failure points, and devise contingency plans
• Define and establish project management policies and guidelines to be followed throughout the business unit.
• Develop, maintain and disseminate project related documentation: requirements, scope, milestones, progress reports, meeting minutes, timelines, etc.
• Identify resources required and works with functional managers to assign individual responsibilities
• Oversight of project resource allocation and prioritization
• Organize the project teams and conduct project meetings
• Resolve issues and conflicts within and outside of the project team
• Reporting project status and issues with organizational leaders
• Maintain motivated, high performance project teams, and be a project champion and advocate
• Develop core team(s) and project activities around commercial and CLIA motivated project(s)
• Direct compliance management activities
• B.S. Degree or higher in Molecular Biology, Genetics or related technical field; Advanced degree strongly preferred.
• 10-12+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of development, execution and launch in a biotechnology or life sciences environment.
• At least 5 years experience in a program management role
• Adept inter-personal skills to manage to cross functional project teams including ability to influence and align organizational leaders
• Demonstrated history of being able to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Familiarity with CLIA, ISO 13485 and/or 21 CFR 820 requirements
• Experience with launching a medical device or a diagnostic commercial product
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Project and Visio
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Time management, decision-making, presentation, and organization skills required
• Compliance management experience a plus
• PMP and/or Project Management certification is highly desirable.
llumina is an equal opportunity employer.
Illumina, Inc. - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...