The Associate Technical Security Analyst (ATSA) position is within AOL’s IT Security group. Our mission is to deliver information security solutions and services that protect AOL information assets, computing infrastructure, applications and data.
The ATSA will be a member of the IT Security Operations Center (SOC) and will perform a variety of hands-on, technical analysis and security response activities including monitoring of real time event data from AOL's Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system and other sources. The position is on a shared shift basis requiring a flexible work schedule.
• Monitor and analyze events from networks, applications, hosts and databases.
• Investigate network traffic and logs to identify security incidents.
• Coordinate with and escalate security incidents to the AOL IT Security CERT.
• Assess security incidents and assist AOL business units to remediate issues.
• Work with a variety of security technologies including IDS, firewalls, anti-virus, etc.
• Contribute to and follow activities defined in SOC policies and SOC procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree with 0 to 2 years of information security work experience OR 2 to 4 years of information security work experience specifically in security event monitoring.
• A strong interest in the field of information security and incident response.
• Understanding of common network services (web, mail, FTP, etc), network vulnerabilities and attack patterns.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to present complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Solid organizational skills and strong customer service skills.
• Experience with Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) solutions.
• Experience with networking protocols, firewalls, and Intrusion Detection systems.
• Functional experience with Windows, Mac and Linux systems and services.
• Experience in shell scripting, Perl, or similar tool and automation languages.
• Interest in a career in incident response / information security work.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL - 22 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...