Assoc. Director, Strategy Realization-PRO010506
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director, IT Strategy Realization will be a key contributor in the orchestration of IT’s transformation, working cross-functionally to drive progress and adoption while employing creativity to address and overcome challenges. The role combines an understanding of business priorities and IT strategic intent with advanced program planning and a decisive approach to orchestrating diverse programs across multiple stakeholders and communities.
- Evaluate and establish milestones for strategy realization to measure the shifts over time
- Create and maintain the long term strategy realization roadmap enabling a ‘holistic’ view of IT’s transformation
- Orchestrate, visualize and provide reporting for the IT Strategy realization master plan integrating business alignment, IT transformation work streams and activities across enabling functions (talent, procurement, etc).
- Develop, execute and track realization success metrics
- Ensure strategy realization by measuring performance against goals; and alignment with Merck’s goals
- Identify (and lead) IT operating model simplification opportunities enabling realization of strategic goals and objectives.
- Design, implement and steward IT Strategy Realization community/websites to assure alignment, collaboration, communication and productivity across key teams
- Document and understand current and future state business process, information flow and value maps.
- Support the benchmarking and identification of levers for change across organizational architecture, operating model, talent base, culture, governance and incentives.
- Facilitate collaborative problem solving with cross functional teams involved in strategy realization
- Convene, educate and engage key stakeholders on progress to plan
- Support Strategy Realization team with sponsorship development and engagement
- Work collaboratively with strategy development, portfolio, architecture, and innovation teams
- Contribute to the advancement of the IT operating model by establishing shared services for inter-organizational and enterprise strategy realization
- Support the development of workforce and workplace plans in support of strategy
- Support innovation as a path to breakthrough thinking
Education: BS/BA required; preferably in Business Administration, Science or Mathematics
- Six Sigma Black or Green Belt certification and/or Change Management skills.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated work experience in IT or business program/project management
- 3-5 years experience creating and driving adoption of planning and management tools (e.g. scorecards, roadmaps,communities of practice, teamsites)
- Experience with health care, consulting or cross-industry exposure preferred
- Prior experience with strategic planning processes and organizational levers for change
- Self-starter, strong executive presence, demonstrated results working independently and driving results
- Customer-focus, service-oriented mindset
- Organizational savvy; leveraging social network to escape hierarchy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to engage and listen attentively at various organizational levels, extract information and discern paint points
- Courage and candor, ability to build sound arguments for resolution
- Proven experience at creating and fostering a collaborative atmosphere
- Focused on outcomes (moving the business forward)
- Trusted agent, acts with integrity
- Leads with ideas, evidence and examples derived by experimentation
- Advocate for IT strategic transformation and at building advocacy throughout the organization
- Work with a sense of urgency, tenacious execution, meeting timelines and deliverables
- Emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships, influence perceptions and facilitate change without direct reporting authority
- Ability to embrace, champion and lead change
- MBA is highly desirable
- PMP certification a plus
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job: Program/Project Management
Job Title : Associate Director
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station
Other Locations: NA-US-MA-Boston, NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Merck & Co. - 23 months ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...