Title: Assistant Transit Management Analyst I
Assistant Transit Management Analyst II
Associate Transit Management Analyst
First Date of Posting: 2/12/2013
Last Date of Filing: 2/26/2013
Reports to: Assistant Chief Officer/Track
Work Location: 130 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY
Hours of Work: Various
SEVERAL VACANCIES EXIST
Assistant Transit Management Analyst I - $51,287 - $60,716
Assistant Transit Management Analyst II - $59,459 - $66,322
Associate Transit Management Analyst - $67,314 - $87,159
This position will be responsible for supporting the Superintendents and Manager within the Production Planning group. The analysts will assist in the production of reports for the new Asset Management System using a variety of computer applications and analysis to identify areas that are in need of further review by management. They will monitor, generate reports and enter data into the newly created production planning database. They will create, compile and manipulate data when required to assist in determining resource requirements.
Education and Experience
Assistant Transit Mgmt Analyst I, II
1) Master's degree from an accredited college in business administration, public admin., public policy, engineering, economics, architecture, math, physics, computer science, accounting, transportation planning or urban planning and 1 year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in the collection, evaluation and use of data relating to operational procedures, administrative systems, equipment and space utilization, and staffing requirements, including the preparation of charts, graphs, maps, drawings and technical reports;
2) Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in business administration, public administration, engineering, engineering technology, economics, architecture, math, physics, computer science, accounting or urban planning, and 2 years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in the areas described in 1: above.
Associate Transit Mgmt Analyst
1) Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college with a major in one or more of the following: industrial management, business or public administration, engineering, economics, architecture, mathematics, and/or accounting, and three years of satisfactory full-time paid experience in the field of management engineering analysis in a business, manufacturing, or industrial organization, a research or management engineering firm, or a governmental agency, of which at least two years must have been in a mass transportation industry;
2. A satisfactory equivalent.
1. Knowledge of asset management applications development, database interface, network
systems and planning of custom/complex databases.
2. Understanding the operations of the Department of Subways Operating Divisions
3. Familiarity with Line Structures, Line Equipment and Signal Equipment
4. Excellent written, verbal communications and interpersonal skills
5. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access applications.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience and interview.
All selected candidates will be subject to a full background investigation that includes employment and education. Discrepancies may lead to dismissal.
All appointments, with the exception of Department of Subways employees on MaBSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the "APPLY NOW" button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password.
If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA NYC Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer